sábado, 27 de julio de 2013

My idol: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

“I want to spread the word of kawaii to the rest of the world — I want to see it embraced by everybody,” says Kyary. “And by kawaii, I don’t just mean cute. There’s a difference between lovely, cute and kawaii. Kawaii, to me, is a state of mind.”



Great great great interview about Kyary Pamyu on the Wall Street Journal blog :  Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Takes Pop Beyond Cute


“Grotesque is my counterreaction to conventional kawaii,” says Kyary. “My room growing up was pink, but I had shelves of manga that had ugly and creepy themes. Those are my two sides. Thinking about it now, I was always a pretty weird kid, I’ve always been surrounded by grotesque, so it’s a part of my worldview now!”



I felt totally identified with this part, it is just like I've always been.


 “For me, ‘traumatic’ is the key word,” she says. “I want to traumatize people out of the way they think. I want to get different reactions. So some people think I’m crazy. But soon they find I’m also addictive. And then they can’t get enough of what I do.”

Kyary is definitely my idol. Love you Kyary!






2 comentarios:

  1. La manera en la que Kyary habla de la cultura Kawaii con TANTA pasión es inspirador <3 Tiene muy bien merecido el título de embajadora kawaii :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. verdad que sí! y me sentí muy identificada, me hizo quererla aún más jejeje <3

      Eliminar

Seguidores